DDimage

DDimage

Thursday, June 21, 2012


OMGreen! The Penguin Group is offering book clubs a chance to have a phone chat with John Green, author of my FAVORITE book this year, The Fault in Our Stars – so, of course, I registered (practically banging my fingers on the keypad for emphasis as to how much PVHS would love to chat!). I’m already planning to do a blog post in the near future with written responses from my students as to why TFIOS resonates so much with them. As I told The Penguin Group in my request, teens don’t just turn in TFIOS after reading it and say, ‘Yep, good book’ – they want to have DEEP LIFE DISCUSSIONS with others about Hazel and Augustus and cancer and crotchety Peter Van Houten and the universal salve that is mindless hours spent watching ‘America’s Next Top Model’ marathons on tv. If you haven’t yet read this book, then fire up the Kindle or Nook or get thee to your nearest library or bookstore – it’s truly amazing.

Please. Let. This. Phone. Chat. Happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment